Monday, January 19, 2009

a RIDICULOUS invention.

I came across what I truly believe to be the STUPIDEST invention yet. It is nothing necessary, nothing that really even makes sense to me. I have yet to experience this new creation while it was actually WORKING.

Today I went in to the lovely Texas Tech Library and needed to go to the restroom. I went into the shiny, brand-new Ladies Room and was surprised to see that everything is now automatic. By everything, I mean EVERYTHING...even the toilet paper dispenser! And this brings me to my least favorite invention thus far. The automatic toilet paper dispenser. I do NOT understand the need for such a creation. I mean, to get toilet paper, the biggest effort is leaning over to rip it from the roll. That's it! You dont have to touch anything making it an unsanitary experience. There's no knob or pull that will become germ-infested as more people use it. I suppose the only reason for such a tool is so as not to waste toilet paper. I, personally, just dont think that's a good enough reason to choose to enforce such ridiculousness upon the restroom users of today. Both times I used the forementioned restroom, I had to use the manual crank to get toilet paper. THAT IS NASTY! I had to sit there, realize that the automatic factor would not be working at that moment, figure out how to get the needed TP, then personally crank a few squares out. What a hassle! So again, I ask: WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS CREATION???

2 comments:

  1. You definitely have some creativity...


    And automated restrooms are getting out of control, I personally like the old fashioned sinks, toilet paper/paper towel dispensers, push soap dispensers, and all.
    I've hated automation since they put in the hand blowers, although, next time you're blowing your hands dry via hot-air mechanism, look at the diagram.
    Once you find said diagram, envision in your mind instructions that say, "Clap hands for bacon."
    Your day will be a little bit better.
    :)

    p.s.- you're right, I didn't have to look too far at all.

    ReplyDelete